Your home is typically your largest investment and when it comes time to list it you don’t want to have just anyone sell it for you. Many people end up hiring the first agent they meet which is not always the best or smartest idea. We always recommend that you interview at least three agents before you make the final decision and make sure you ask the questions below. This will give you a better understanding of what your agent can and will offer. It will also help you have a smoother, transparent transaction with the end goal of getting you top dollar for your home.
1. Are you a part-time or full-time agent?
2. How many homes do you sell every year?
3. How many homes have you sold in my neighbourhood?
4. What is your average sale price?
5. How many listings do you have at this time?
6. What your success rate in getting your listings sold?
7. What is your average length of time to get a home sold?
8. Do you have a team behind you to help service your customers? Stagers, Contractors, Cleaners, etc…?
9. Do you offer your clients a detailed weekly listing update?
10. Do you use a professional photographer?
11. Do you do a virtual tour?
12. Do you offer floor plans if one is not already available?
13. Exactly how will you promote my property?
14. What websites do you market on?
15. How do you handle internet inquiries or ad calls?
16. How will you market my home outside of the internet?
17. What market share does your brokerage and team have in this neighbourhood?
18. Will you offer open houses? If so, how many and how often?
19. How will you help in getting my house prepared to be listed?
20. What will happen if I am no longer happy with your service but still under contract with you?
Find out more about the listing services the W & Y Homes Co. Team has to offer here
Learn more about our team here
Written By April Williams