It is very easy to work with the first agent you meet with or your cousin or sisters best friend that just got their Real Estate Licence. You are about to make what is most likely the biggest investment of your life so take your time in hiring your agent and make sure you do your research beforehand.
When you are looking to purchase a property here are 10 important questions you should ask your Real Estate Agent them before signing a Buyer Representation Agreement:
- How long have you been in the business?
- How well do you know the desired neighbourhoods I would like to search in?
- What is the difference between a Buyers Agent and a Sellers Agent and why should I not go to the Sellers Agent directly?
- What is your strategy so I can see everything that is in my price range and desired neighbourhood?
- Do you specialize in a certain type of property – lofts, homes, condos, etc…?
- Do you have testimonials I could review and if not references from past clients I could speak with?
- Name three things that would separate you from the competition?
- Can I review the Buyer Agreements before I sign them and do you have plain language copies available?
- Do you have a network of professionals that could help me get prepared before I start my search i.e. mortgage brokers, lawyers, etc…?
- Do you work independently or do you have another agent that can show me properties on your days off or when you are on vacation?
- Do you have a guarantee? What would happen if I am not satisfied with your service halfway through our contract?
- What haven’t I asked you that I should know before I start my house search?
Don’t ever be shy when it comes to asking questions. The more you know the better your relationship will be with the agent you decide to hire. If you ever have any questions about purchasing a house or condo contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org