When hiring an agent sellers typically end up working with the first agent that they meet with, this is not necessarily the best approach to selling what is most likely your single largest investment. It is always extremely important to interview your agent (and a couple others) first and make sure they are the best fit and fully qualified to help you get the best return on your investment.
When you are selling a property, here are 10 important questions you should ask them before signing a Listing Agreement and putting your property in their hands.
- How long have you been in the business?
- What is your strategy and marketing plan to best showcase my home?
- What is your average list-price-to-sales-price ratio?
- Do you have testimonials I could review and if not references of past clients I could speak with?
- Name three things that would separate you from the competition?
- Can I review the listing documents before I sign them and do you have plain language copies available?
- Do you have a network of professionals that could help me get my house ready for showings?
- What is your commission and what commission do you offer to the co-operating agent?
- Do you have a guarantee? What would happen if I am not satisfied with your service halfway through the listing agreement?
- What haven’t I asked you that I should know before listing my home?
Don’t ever be shy when it comes to asking questions. The more you know the better your relationship will be with the agent you decide to hire. If you ever have any questions about selling a home contact us anytime at